Next Event Date: 19 – 21 October 2018
Venue: Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast Area
Occurring over a three-day weekend, the Gold Coast 600 is an annual street festival featuring world-renowned motorsport, chart-topping music acts, and various other forms of entertainment that the Gold Coast has to offer. Commencing on the 19th and concluding on the 21st of October 2018, this motor racing event has been a regular part of the Supercars Championship – and its predecessor, the V8 Supercars Championship – since 2009.
Previously known as a support race, V8 Supercars became the lead category in the Gold Coast in 2009, and in 2010, the event was recognized as the Gold Coast 600 for the first time. Rapidly piquing the interest of more participants, while garnering international recognition, spectators of the 2013 event witnessed its introduction as the third event of the newly formed Pirtek Enduro Cup.
In 2018, drivers will compete for victory in the game-changing Pirtek Enduro Cup final, which will be Round 14 of the Virgin Australia Supercars Championship.
Spectators of the 2017 Vodafone Gold Coast 600 bore witness to Chaz Mostert and Steve Owen of Rod Nash Racing emerge victorious, only closely followed by Scott McLaughlin and Alexandre Prémat of DJR Team Penske.
Prior to the commencement of the 2018 event, Jamie Whincup currently holds the record for the most race wins, having obtained the first and second placements for a total of five times as an individual driver. However, with a total of three wins, Shane van Gisbergen follows in close proximity.
Furthermore, by team, Triple Eight Race Engineering remains steadfast with its seven race wins.
Commencing on the 19th of October 2018, in the Surfers Paradise Circuit, QLD, a total of three thirty-minute practice sessions are scheduled to be held on Friday, and will be followed by a twenty-minute qualifying session on Saturday, which will determine the grid positions for the 300 kilometre race. Proceeding this, Sunday will include a twenty-minute qualifying session, with a top ten shootout, and its combined results will decide the grid for the 300 kilometre race held afterwards.
Simultaneously, fans will be able to tour the circuit and experience the exhilarating and exciting atmosphere of the Gold Coast’s biggest party, with a variety of food and musical performances to choose from.
If interested, clicking on the following link will direct you to the event’s official ticketing page: https://www.supercars.com/gold-coast/tickets/
Presently, the various Vodafone Gold Coast 600 events have been divided as follows:
- Off Track Events – This includes the Race of Stars International Karting, Showtime @ Game Over, Fast & Ludicrous, and the King of Burleigh Hill, with many more, along with the inclusion of additional events such as the Drivers Beach Volleyball Challenge, and a tour of the Hot Wheels Factory
- Vodafone Meet and Greet – To be held at the Pacific Fair Shopping Centre, fans are welcome to see Jamie Whincup make a special appearance, alongside the Vodafone Australia Safety Car.
- Support Categories – Replacing the traditional V8 Utes, the SuperUtes will represent a whole new automotive segment on-track, introducing a new era of Ute racing, with dual-cab and turbo-diesel machines that are expected to give the 2018 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship an exciting new feel. This will be followed by the Aussie Racing Cars, and the Porsche Wilson Security Carrera Cup Australia.
- Entertainment – Fans of the event will be able to watch the Broadwater Sounds concert, the Drivers Parade, and the Hot Wheels Stunt Team take to the stage, and will soon be followed by the Flair Riders Show and a Jetpack Demonstration.
- Attractions – Spectators may watch and enjoy Supercar racing unfold from the Coopers Roll Bar, or they may visit an Auto Show, and embark on 5-6 minute helicopter rides over the track and beach.
For more Information & event updates:
Official Website: https://www.supercars.com/gold-coast/
Download App: https://www.supercars.com/app/
Catch a few moments from Gold Coast 600 2017 and don’t miss to be at 2018 show to witness the action live